So, I am going to start my paleo adventure tomorrow. I plan to do the first 30 days strict. Then, I’ll decide
- If I want to continue with the paleo lifestyle. (I am 90% sure I will.)
- How strictly I want to follow it.
I have to be honest, I am SO pumped about this experiment. I REALLY hope this way of eating doesn’t disappoint. I am going to be paying special attention to a few different things during these 30 days.
- Weightloss, or more specifically, body composition. My mother and I dabbled with Atkins back in its heyday, and I definitely was successful with losing weight. But I was younger and hadn’t birthed two children. So, we’ll see. I am going to take pictures, measurement and weigh myself tomorrow. So, I will definitely be documenting my physical changes through this next month.
- Mood. I have struggled with my mood since at least 7th grade. Back then I struggled a LOT with what I believe to be depression. I was never clinically diagnosed, but all the symptoms were there. If it wasn’t depression, then my money would be on bipolar. Mental illnesses run in my family, and I have struggled with them for so long. I really don’t want to go on any medication for several reasons, so I am hoping to level out my mood with changes to my diet.
- Energy. Sometimes this one can be difficult to separate from my mood. If my mood is low, then usually my energy follows and visa versa. SO, I think the only way I am going to be able to tell if my energy is increasing is if my mood levels out.
- Skin. Lately my skin has been freaking out. I’m hoping it will clear up. Simple as that.
- Achy joints. I have always had issues with my hips. I was born with hip dysplasia that required leg braces for a while. Unfortunately, the hip issues have followed my into adulthood and caused issues with everything from my knees to my ankles. SO, I’m hoping that the diet will help me strengthen my muscles in combination with exercise while also reducing any existing inflammation so I experience less cracking and crunching when going up and down stairs.
I think that about covers it. I’ll keep you posted.